VoLTE is the next generation voice calling technology for mobile devices.
What is VoLTE technology?
VoLTE stands for "Voice over LTE" and is a technology that allows you to make voice calls using the 4G LTE network instead of the traditional 2G/3G network. Simply put, it uses the same data infrastructure used for high-speed internet browsing to transmit voice.
Why is VoLTE technology used?
VoLTE technology offers numerous advantages over traditional calls:
- Better audio quality . VoLTE calls deliver crystal-clear, distortion-free audio, thanks to the use of higher bitrate and noise cancellation technology.
- Higher connection speed . VoLTE calls connect almost instantly, without the annoying delay that could occur with 2G/3G calls.
- Surfing and simultaneous calls . With VoLTE you can browse the internet and use apps at the same time as a voice call, without interruptions or slowdowns.
- Battery saving . VoLTE technology consumes less battery than traditional calls, as the 4G network is more efficient.
In which countries in the world is VoLTE technology used?
VoLTE technology is available in many countries around the world, including:
- Europe : Italy, France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Cyprus, Malta
- America : United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador
- Asia : China, Japan, South Korea, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia
- Africa : South Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt
The resulting advantages.
In addition to the advantages already listed, VoLTE technology also offers other benefits:
- Ability to make video calls: With VoLTE it is possible to make video calls in high definition, with excellent video and audio quality.
- Better coverage: The 4G LTE network has greater coverage than 2G/3G networks, so it is possible to make VoLTE calls even in areas with poor reception.
- Security: VoLTE technology is safer than traditional calls, thanks to the use of advanced security protocols.
Are data consumed?
Yes, VoLTE calls consume data, but very little. On average, a VoLTE call consumes approximately 1 MB of data per minute. For comparison, a traditional audio call consumes approximately 64KB of data per minute.
VoLTE is not VoIP
VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is a technology that allows you to make voice calls via your telephone operator's 4G LTE network, using your local number and the operator's data connection. VoLTE service must be activated and supported by your carrier.
On the other hand, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a type of technology that allows you to make voice calls over the Internet, using digital numbers and not necessarily tied to the local telephone provider. VoIP can be used on a wide range of mobile devices and can be deployed with different VoIP service providers, both local and international, provided there is an available internet connection.
In summary, while VoLTE is based on your operator's 4G LTE network and requires activation of the service by the latter, VoIP uses the Internet connection and can be implemented on different devices and with different VoIP service providers.
In conclusion, VoLTE technology represents a significant breakthrough in the world of voice calls. It offers numerous advantages in terms of audio quality, connection speed, efficiency and security. If your carrier offers it, it is advisable to activate the VoLTE service to enjoy a better calling experience.